Thursday, May 20, 2010

New York Institute of Photography

I am currently enrolled in the correspondence photography course at New York Institute of Photography.  I took this course, so that I could take part in Operation Love.  Operation love is a program for families with an active duty member that is being deployed.  Professional photographers offer a free photo session and a 4x6 album for the deployed family member to take with them overseas.   I have not gotten around to contacting them to throw my name into the hat for this great project.  You have to be a professional, and have a portfolio of sorts on line (so I still have a little work to do before they will let me play along).    That is my goal, and eventually, I will take part in it.
I have found the  NYIP course to be very useful and interesting.  While I have enjoyed photography for over a decade and almost two decades...I now have a better grasp on the technical side of the camera and it's many functions.  I am proud to say that I now know in depth about aperture and shutter speeds, and how I can use them to make my photos better.   I am deep in the middle of the course, and into the photo projects that must be submitted to finish the course.  I enjoy the lessons, and the books that I got with my paid tuition.  I also got a few free gifts with my enrollment, the photo umbrella, and reflectors are great.  I have not used the monopod as of yet, but I am sure it will be useful in the future.  All in all, I really like the course, and all its insight.
Though you don't need to take a course to be a good photographer, but it certainly was eye opening to all the different kinds of photography that you could focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment